_TOP_MENU

Feb 11, 2023

What courses are recommended for getting into RTL design?

 I feel you need not need any specific courses, certificates or experience to get in RTL design roles. The VLSI Industry is every growing and there are plenty of opportunities are amplifying. So I feel with correct skill set and some projects (which can be self practiced could land you up into RTL Design Domain)


I have written a similar answer on my space: David Richard Parker's answer to How should I prepare for a Digital Design engineer job for entering in VLSI industry? in VLSI Interview Community

However, I will summarize the answer in very few words

Verilog / System Verilog
Fundamentals of Digital Circuits
Basic Background of Static Timing Analysis and Clock Domain Crossing
Resets Clock Dividers
Basic Fundamentals of Power and Performance.
In my answer I have attempts to make sure that I provide all the resources that are open source (accessible by all at free of cost). I personally feel knowledge of micro-architecture would be an added advantage for a candidate to be eligible for RTL Engineer Role.

No comments:

Post a Comment